Subject: Re: Incident Meters and such
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 18:19:22 -0700

At 09:04 PM 7/17/97 +1000, you wrote:

>It was then that I found that if you place one of those
>styrene coffee cups over your SLR lens, set the exposure to the
>reciprocal of the ASA at f16 and pointed the camera at the sun your  got
>the same reading.   Does it work in shadows? You bet your R8 ir does!!!
>
>Rob

A local company (local to me) called STO-FEN makes a product based on this.
It's an incident meter style white plastic dome that screws on to your lens
filter threads. Your ttl meter is now an incident meter. They also make the
white plastic domes to fit on strobes. It's called Omni-Bounce. They
advertize in the Shutterbug.

Jim