Subject: Re: Some thoughts on the R8 ...
From: "Charles E. Dunlap" <cdunlap@rupture.ucsc.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 15:31:39 -0700

> For the first time in years, I
>find I'm grabbing for the Leica bag instead of the Nikon bag. What more
>need be said?

To play devil's advocate, I can't think of anything aside from mirror lock
up that my Nikon 8008s couldn't do three years ago that the R8 does. Yes
yes yes, the R8 does mount Leica lenses, and that is critical. But as a
body it doesn't get me excited. If I were an R user instead of an M user it
might, but in the broader world of SLR photography I don't see that it's
superior to other bodies out there. And yes, I've shot with one for an
evening.

- -Charlie (fire away, my shields are up)