Subject: Re: R8
From: "Thomas J. Donovan" <75674.3465@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 13 Jul 97 17:35:05 EDT

Dick Hemingway,

      >>Can you really take them down at the same low speeds as the M?<<

One of the more interesting tests I ran, when I first got the R8s, was a series
of shots taken with the following gear/slides ; a. ) M6, R7, & the R8. b.) 90mm
Elmarits. c.) E100S & E100SW. d.) With the SLRs; mirrors locked up/down.
All taken on a tripod under similar lighting conditions!

Amidst all the outcomes, the most interesting was the fact that the slides from
the R8 w/o mirror up, were as sharp as slides from the M6, thru all the lower
shutter speeds.........1 sec. thru 1/60 sec. All slides were checked via a light
table & with
4X & 22X Peak loupes!

I then began taking a series of low light informal candids ( vertical 90mm )
with my R8 & got some really beautiful slides. It seemed like I was only limited
by my body shake, & throw in working with that awesome viewfinder, incredible
metering system ( I also use an incident meter ); the R8 began to be my system
of choice
for all my work ;-)!

I'll send off a MSG later about my working lenses; however, I've got to leave
for a while & did want to get this MSG out to you before I left ;-)!

Thomas Donovan