Subject: Re: Incident Meters and such
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 12 Jul 97 21:33:22 EDT

Donal Philby wrote:

<<< Hope the R8  meters as good.>>>>>>

Donal, my friend,:)
You knew if you threw that little line in there I would be right on your tail.
:)

I used to use an incident meter always, as there isn't any other. I know guys
will argue all get out about reflected, spot etc and the million other things.
But I never lost a frame if I whipped out that incident meter made a quick read
and set the camera and damn it was right every time.

Now lets get back to the KING of metering! :) The R8 without question is just
amazing, honest no BS here. I have been fiddling that meter back and forth, from
spot to Multi pattern (matrix) to the Intregal (centered weighted) and it is
right time after time. The only time there is a screwed-up exposure has been
when I didn't believe it and fiddled! :)

We have been shooting night scenes and it is right on no matter what the
lighting, whether buildings, water fountains, traffic, hell I've got where I'm
looking for the weirdest situations just to see if I can screw them up by the
camera making a wrong exposure.  But so far I haven't been able to fool it.

And in most of these situations you just couldn't get an incident reading, so it
really helps to have the camera so accurate.

ted