Subject: Re: M-6 Meter battery
From: Welch <Bill.Welch@pressroom.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 10:34:53 -0700

William,

I had the same problem with my M6 a few years ago and was told the same thing you're
hearing here -- that a slight depression of the shutter release button was probably
keeping the meter on. That will drain the battery. But I was sure it was more than that.
I took extra precautions, leaving it out of the bag to make sure nothing was depressing
the shutter without me knowing it. It still ran through batteries quickly. I sent it to
DAG, and sure enough he found a short was draining the battery. He fixed it, and the
battery now lasts just about forever.

This, by the way, was with a new, boxed M6 without Passport. Don Chatterton was selling
them at that time, gray market I guess. I know, I know -- LUGs will say don't buy that
way. And I think they're probably correct. But the price was irresistible to me at the
time. And Don stood by it 100% with his own warranty, work done by DAG.

If I were you, I'd make certain the shutter button isn't the source of the problem, and
if it continues, I would have it checked out by someone reputable.

Bill