Subject: Incident Meters and such
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 08:46:45 -0600 (MDT)

A while back I posted a request for info on incident meters, and received
some good advice. A week ago I received my Sekonic 308BII from B&H. This one
was mentioned more than once in a positive way, so I went with it. The
price, BTW, is STILL $199.00, in spite of the B&H ad price of $239.00.

Well, lately I've been using a grey card to take readings with my six, and
with my F3. The results have been really good - bad exposures are a rare
occurance using this method. Now, using the incident meter, I've managed to
go up a level in my exposure accuracy. I just picked up ten rolls of Provia,
and 5 rolls of Velvia that I shot using just the hand held meter. Not only
are there no off exposures in the batch, the color saturation throughout all
the rolls is incredible. Even the lab guy came out and asked what I was
doing differently, and to comment on the improved quality of my work. Gone
are the days of underexposed shots, and blown out pictures.

The only time I've found the incident meter to be of no use is when using a
macro lens - the lens extension when focusing up close requires TTL metering
to be accurate.

Anyway, the 308BII is tiny, really light-weight, and simple to use. Also, it
takes a single AA. I'm hooked!

Regards,

Ben W. Holmes
Boulder, CO

visit my web site at http://www.frii.com/~bholmes/
Leica serial numbers and Leica classifieds at
http://www.frii.com/~bholmes/photodat.htm