Subject: Re: Titanium Leica M6
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 20:49:04 -0700

- ----------
> From: Ray Yuen <ryuen@ix.netcom.com>
>
> Looking through the M6 brochure, it seems like the silver lenses weigh
> more than the black counterparts. Does that mean that the silver lenses
> have more brass and are therefore more durable and better constructed?
> Does anyone have an opinion on this lens matter?

Interesting that I just praised my 35/f2 Summicron a few minutes ago, then
come across this reminder re what I don't like about the lens: The black
version has a *plastic* f-stop ring, and I understand that the same ring on
the silver version is metal. The plastic feels cheap on such an expensive
lens, and the indents don't have that same 'click' as on other Leica
lenses. Of course, the results on film are what count, but it still seems
like an odd place for Leica to save a couple bucks (marks) in production
costs.

Gary Todoroff