Subject: Re:Some questions about Summilux 75
From: "Lucien_vD@compuserve.com" <Lucien_vD@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 11:11:34 -0400

Martin Omlin wrote:

>I'm interested in this lens. =

>What is a reasonable price for a used one in good condition?

**Around 1.500 $ or 2.500 DM ??

>What is to say about the optical performance?

**Really excellent

>I want to use it first for concert, theatre and dance events photography=
=2E

**It was made for.

>Moreover I think it can substitute a 90 mm lense for portrait photograph=
y.

**I prefer the 90mm for that purpose.

>Is this the best lens for my needs or is the Summicron 90 the better
choice?

**I will go for the Summicron 90 (plus maybe a Summilux 50/1,4) because:
- -better for portrait
- -the frame is more easy to see, the 75mm frame is confusing and to close
from the 50mm who appear at the same time.
- -the focusing ring of the 75mm is to stiff (the same for the 80mm/1,4 R)
and make fast focusing difficult.
- -the filter size is rarer and filters are more expensive.

 =

>about the Summilux 75.

Regards,

Lucien