Subject: Re: Seeing everything new
From: Dennis Painter <dwp@deltanet.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 21:43:57 -0700

Ken Wilcox wrote:

> Dennis:
>
> Ask your provider about trying a different kind of soft contacts. I find
> some "dry up" as in your experience and others are wearable for months at a
> stretch.
>
> You might also ask about "monovision". I have one eye corrected for
> distance viewing and the other undercorrected which allows me to see
> closeup without further optical apparatus. (Still need the sunglasses)
>
> kw

Ken,

Thanks for the advice about different soft lenses.  I did complain about
them drying out but no alternative was offered.  I do know they are made
by Ciba, also I have astigmatism which may reduce the choices I have in
soft lenses.

I did have monovision explained to me. I spend a lot of time viewing a
computer screen and the doctor ssid that was likely to make adjusting to
monovision difficult.  As long as the lenses don't get too dry the
current situation is pretty good for me.  Since I just started wearing
contacts I am still exploring the possibilties.  The rigid gas permeable
look like a solution to the drying but sure were rough on my 'trial' 10
minute test.  Supposedly it takes 2 weeks to get used to them.

Thanks for the info! Dennis

- --
Experience is a tough teacher. It gives the test before the lesson.
- -unknown