Subject: Re: Seeing everything new
From: wilcox@umcc.umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 07:47:58 -0400

>You're the first person I've "run into" who also has his/her contacts set
>up in monovision like I do (I'm sure our prescriptions are different).

snip

>To make a long story short, I've had my left eye set up for distant vision
>and my right for closer up vision. This way I can read f-stops on lenses
>without putting on reading glasses (which I keep handy, but find which I
>myself using less and less). The hardest thing to get used to was driving,
>night driving in particular.

I noticed in my first year of monovision use that it does not work as well
under low light as in brighter light. My optometrist said this was normal.
I think it may have something to do with decreased depth of field, but I
don't know.

snip

> BTW, a co-worker said that her optometrist told her
>that a very small percentage of contact lens wearers adapt well to
>monovision. However, I do understand that it's better than bifocal contacts.

Hmm... my optometrist said he has had great success in fitting monovision
contacts for his customers.

Cheers!

kw

- ----