Subject: Seeing Everything New
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 1997 04:46:04 -0700

Coincidentally,  I got a shock as I tried to use my 4x5 with glasses.....
COULD NOT focus my eyes on the ground glass... even with my progressives
nor my special tri-focals..... had to go out to the local drugstore and buy
a $16 pair of strong reading glasses... perfect for under the focuing cloth
and cheap too....

This thing with glasses really is terrible... different solutions for
different cameras...
Nikon SLR.. F4 with built in adjustable Diopter adjustment... glasses or no
glasses, both work
Hasselblad... Chimney finder with same adjustable Diopter... no glasses
Leica.... Glasses work fine, no mods required
4x5... special glasses

I guess I can't afford another camera...  I can hardly remember the glasses
solution I need now!

It is a shame that the manufacturers do not understand what a problem us
over 40's normally good sighted people have when their eyes start to go out
of whack.  Our trusted cameras become useless.

Seriously, the best solution for me is built in diopter adjustment.  I know
nothing about the R series.....Did it offer diopter adjustment on any body?
 Start with the Leicaflex and work forward....

Leica Solms..... ???

Thank You
Frank Filippone
red735i@worldnet.att.net