Subject: Re: M-6 Rebate ends soon.......
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 17:30:45 -0700

>This may seem a
> little weird, but looking down the road 20 years or so, film may
> be a much more expensive proposition.

20 years! Ye Gods, I don't buy green bananas anymore!

I'll milk the current chemistry, labs and film as long as it's
reasonable by my standards (whatever they are). If and when they
are no longer available and reasonable, I'll deal with that
decision then, and only then.

I don't think we can extrapolate 20 years into the future very
well. In the middle '70s, the Apple II wasn't yet on the scene. To
think what will be available in the future based on where today's
technology seems to be going is an endeavor filled with
uncertainty, often proved wrong in the past. (Cripes, even as I
write this, I'm proving the lie. After all, computers did evolve
along a projected line as far as speed and capability are
concerned.)

Now watch my randomly selected tagline to my signature come up with
one that is completely contrary to my thoughts above.  8^)
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       Leica Historical Society Of America
       mailto:beamon@primenet.com

          Thought for the day:
    Intuition (n): an uncanny sixth sense which tells people
    that they are right, whether they are or not.