Subject: Re: Multiple bodies
From: "Jeff Segawa" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: 30 May 97 09:19:59 -0700

On Wed, Jan 28, 1998 6:48 AM, adi <mailto:adisoon@pl.jaring.my> wrote:
>I do realise the many benefits of multiple bodies. However, my question
>arose from the school of thought, that said simplification and less
>superflous excess will enable us photogs to get to the heart and soul of
the
>subject.

As an enthusiastic hobbyist, I find hauling too much gear to be more of a
bane than a boon. When I have a lot of gear, I use it, but there are
relatively few times when I miss a shot because I lacked some vital piece
of equipment: You see, I am fairly adaptable in my technique, so if I have
a 35-70/2.8 zoom, I'll use it's macro and low-light capability, but if I
only have a 50, I'll still manage, one way or another, to come back with
something satisfying, though maybe not exactly the same composition. These
opinions are shaped by the fact that I am often carrying my gear for hours
at a time, through downtown crowds and up mountainsides. If I had an
assistant, or a nearby car (and thus, more sedentary technique) I might do
things differently.

On the opposite extreme, I did once travel with only a Minox 35: I was not
100% pleased, because, while I could effectively manipulate the exposure,
the lack of parallax correction and limited top shutter speeds did prove a
hassle. Nevertheless, I got some great photos!

Jeff