Subject: Re: which one
From: "Jeff Segawa" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: 21 May 97 09:49:36 -0700

On Tue, May 20, 1997 3:41 PM, tmwyse@centuryinter.net
<mailto:tmwyse@centuryinter.net> wrote:
>If you had to pick one Leica based on "feel", "looks", that mysterious and
>undefinable "something" that makes them what they are, and finally the
>ability to take fine photographs.  Which one would it be ?

Probably a nice $1200 M6  purchased secondhand, with a fresh C-L-A job
thrown in at no extra charge: It's got all of the "modern" conveniences,
yet retains the compact M dimensions, and I figure the chances of finding a
used one which isn't in need of a serious de-gunking are fairly good.

I like older Leicas too, but pay less because they're less handy and more
likely to need servicing, due to neglect, heavy use or whatever.

The best Leica M, in terms of looks, feel and "undefinable 'something' "
is, I feel, the one that a person can enjoy using, without constantly
fretting about how expensive it is, and how he or she is going to pay for
it. I have no problems with a person maintaining gear in top condition, but
when it's still in it's original box, years after the fact, I think
something important has been missed.