Subject: Re: Dupes from colour negatives
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 30 May 97 09:50:01 EDT

<<<Has anyone had any experience in scanning colour negatives?>>>>>>>>

g'day Ian,

We should get one of the wire service photo editors on here about sacanning
colour negs, as that is all that Canadian Press, Associated Press and Reuters
use to-day. So every colour photograph you see from any wire and most major
dailies around the world come from colour neg film.

The majority of wire service use the Fuji 800 for their indoor work and quite
probably the bulk of their outdoor lousy weather shooting.

I have a couple of clients, one a graphic design house that we only shoot neg
for and they produce major corporation brochures that you can't tell the
difference between transp and neg on the finished product.

And that article by Luis Castaneda, if he says he has switched to colour neg I
would take that as quite an endorsement for shooting colour neg.

The films of today aren't like the happy snap films of bygone days.

When we have an assignment to shoot on neg, we have colour contacts made and
select from there, the same as shooting B&W and making contacts.

ted
Victoria, Canada
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant