Subject: No Subject
From: LeicaM13@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 00:45:03 -0400 (EDT)

I purchased a lens cap for my 50mm summicron, colapsable by the way, from a
'bargin bin' some time ago. It's a screw mount, yet it was considerably
larger than the lens size. It stuck out over the edges a bit. It's chrome,
has a flanged and ribbed edge which is sort of cool looking, but it was sort
of goofy looking because it stuck out like eaves on a house. Then one day
with my lens extended, I placed my IROOA lens shade on backwards and this cap
fit on snug as a bug on top of it, screwed in tight with the flanged edge
right up to the outer edges of the lens shade. this thing looked like it was
made for this configuration. One other requirement needs to be in place
though, namely a filter needs to be attached to the lens and the cap screws
into the filter. This cap has no identifing markings on it. Anyone else out
there ever seen this?