Subject: Starting Out in Photo Biz
From: LeicaM13@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 May 1997 12:53:54 -0400 (EDT)

Here's my "two cents' on the photo biz question.

To Ben Holmes.

I think shooting stock photography is a great way to start out earning a
living with your camera. You are in complete control regarding subject
matter, outlook on style, etc.

The images will be 'yours'. The range of wanted subjects is huge. The usual
split is 60/40 with most stock agencies.

You won't get rich money wise, but you will get extreme satisfaction seeing
your shot in some publication or whatever printed media it ends up in.

Although some stock shooters do make a lot of money. It's a facter of # of
shots on file with an agency.

There are color and B&W agencies.

Many agencies have Web pages with 'wanted images' lists. You may have to
become a signed contributor to get access to those lists however.

This is a great outlet for 'street' shooters to earn a few bucks.

Good luck,

Todd Jacobs