Subject: Re: NO SUBJECT
From: uskanb2n@ibmmail.com
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 1997 10:08:51 EST

*** Resending note of 03/31/97 17:58
Harrison McClary wrote:
>Stop and focus first???? Most of us who shoot sports or other moving
>subjects follow focus the subjects. There is no stop and focus first.

Mea Culpa! My point was that If you aren't already in focus, AF delay
can be atrocious. _OF_COURSE_ you already have your subject framed and
focused. Otherwise you are just too late.

It occurs to me that that may have been one of the problems I had with
the AF camera system I used to have: I did not spend nearly the time
looking through the viewfinder ready to shoot as I do with a normal
do-everything-yourself camera. I would walk around with the camera in
hand until I saw a photo happening, swing up the camera and miss the
picture waiting for the AF to lock. I guess that explains why my "hit
rate" dropped precipitously...
Thanks for causing me to stop and think this through, Harrison.
                                      - John Lowther