Subject: Re: Mini-Zoom
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Sat, 17 May 97 07:57:36 -0700

>I'm anxious to hear your impressions of this camera as I have been
>concidering buying a compact-35, and the Mini-Zoom was on the list.
[...]

I've owned a Leica Minizoom for about a year and a half. It's taken many
dozens of rolls of film for me. It takes fantastically good pictures for
a relatively inexpensive camera, the results are generally
indistinguishable from my Leica M and Nikon SLR negatives. It has just
enough options to allow one adequate control for the purpose of this
type/price camera, and the lens is a flexible 35:70mm zoom. It's not a
very fast lens, the recommended film is 200 speed. I usually use 200
color neg and 400 b&w in it. The metering is more than adequate for
transparencies as well, but I don't shoot transparencies.

The only one of your six requirements that it might fail is the
compactness. It's just a tad large for a breast pocket. I keep it in its
leather case, carried on the belt of my small belt pack. It can fit in a
pocket, it would simply be a bit too bulky for my taste.

Godfrey