Subject: ChromaPro duper
From: "Christopher W. Morrow" <CMO1@MUSIC.STLAWU.EDU>
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 10:32:23 EDT

Michael,

I have my own ChromaPro which I use here at work to do
duping. Until recently I've been using Kodak 5071 rated
at 12 ISO, with bracketing on difficult images. (You've got
to establish your own filter pack with tests.)

Just yesterday I shot a roll of Fuji CDU II duping film, and will
ship it off to the lab via FedEx today. Interestingly Fuji does
not give it an ISO/ASA rating (at least that I can find). I
checked out the box and the info sheets that Fuji uses to promote
this film: nada. So, I did a test based on the filter settings
suggested on page 9 (I think) of the ChromaPro user manual.

Both Kodak 5071 and Fuji CDU II come in bulk loads, which is the
way I use it. Much less expensive that the pre-loaded cassettes,
but of course, more nerve-wracking when shipping film. They also
come in pre-loaded cassettes.

The above two films are designed for duping and are a lot less
contrasty than "regular" color film (I know, because I've used
all kinds of film in the Nikon that's on my ChromaPro).

By the way, I kept notes while doing the test, and I'll instruct
the lab NOT to cut the roll so I can figure my ISO/ASA rating
and the best filter pack. Perhaps I'll need to do another roll, but
I hope not. Each roll of film comes with a filter "rating" on it so
that when you buy your next bulk load (or brick of 36-exp) you don't
have to shoot a whole roll as a test.

Hope this helps. BTW, I also shoot with a Leica M6 and 35mm 1.4 (old)
Sumilux. Does this make me legit for the list?

Cheers,
Chris Morrow
University Photog, St. Lawrence Univ., Canton, NY