Subject: Thank you. was Re: Nokton versus Summarit
From: "C.M. Fortunko" <fortunko@boulder.nist.gov>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 17:24:56 -0600

Erwin,

Thank you for this fine response.

I bought the Summarit, in mint- condition, for less than $200. My purpose
was to do some experimenting of my own.

I also own the current Summicron and use it frequently. I agree with you
that we must use the best optics available and alter the results later,
possibly in the darkroom.

BTW, would you be willing to elaborate on the set-up and procedures you use
to evaluate the lenses. Also, can you comment on the current state of the
art in optics. (I am a circuit designer and acoustician, not an optical
designer.)

Sincerely,

Chris