Subject: Re: IROOA lens hood & DR Summicron
From: Colin <colinmi@fast.net>
Date: Sun, 04 May 1997 18:52:51 -0600

Dan Cardish wrote:

> At 02:23 PM 04-05-97 -0400, Marc wrote:
> >At 05:48 PM 5/3/97 -0400, Dan Cardish wrote:
> >>I just bought myself a DR Summicron for my M6.  Accompanying the lens was a
> >>IROOA lens hood which seems to differ somewhat ...[snip]
> >

> >This isn't an IROOA/12571 at all:  it's an ITDOO, the earlier incarnation.
>
> Sorry, but what I have is definetly NOT the ITDOO.  It IS an early IROOA, as
> per pg 106 (illustration on page 107) of "Leica Accessory Guide", Hove Photo
> Books.  Except that mine appears very thin and appears useless as a lens
> shade, except perhaps for a 35mm lens.  I am also wondering about the
> function of the thin ring that screws into the opening of the hood.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dan C.

Dan,

Perhaps your IROOA is missing the black hood part?  Do you just have the
engraved chrome ring with the clips?  Perhaps a previous owner removed
the main part of the hood to use the ring for something else.  Maybe
series 6 filters fit in it or something.  That thin ring could be a
retaining ring.

Colin