Subject: Re: Leicaphilia
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 07:02:36 -0700

Yep, I'm up again, Oddmund. It occurred to me that *I* was the
fool letting you chase me off a list that I enjoyed. If you feel
obligated to pursue your political agenda, then I am here to tough it
out with you. Tell you what, though, we're gonna really bother the
troops!

> Did you open the bottle *while* you were at table? Or were you
> sitting there for days, smelling the exquisite bouquet, waiting for
> the bottle to be 'ready'...?

Better stick with your photography, Oddmund. I *know* wine. Why you
are on this list puzzles me. You appear to think that anyone who has
a measure of material wealth has come by it in an improper way.
Leica users obviously are anathema to you.

I dare say that most of the subscribers here have long ago made the
contract with their hearts as to what they like to photograph and
why. We are, after all, the aging, wealthy, status seeking, jaded
types that you so eschew.

> Let us not forget that even the great once was an aspirant. Even the
> Chateau Mouton Rotschild was in a barrel, shivering and young, with
> an uncertain future.

"Shivering"? How anthropomorphic! I must add that even in lesser
years the future of a Mouton is rarely uncertain.

> Leica and wine go well together, even if a weatherproof AF is a
> better choice for sharp pictures in "wet" circumstances... ;#)

A weatherproof AF might go with certain wines, but not '29 Mouton.
Wet, yes, in terms of the wine present, but, if I infer correctly,
not due to a lack of sobriety.
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       Docent: Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
       Leica Historical Society Of America
       mailto:beamon@primenet.com
         Thought for the day:
    Concerto (n): a fight between a piano and a pianist.