Subject: Re: Auto vs Manual strobe
From: Dennis Painter <dwp@deltanet.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 20:58:25 -0700

Eric Fingal wrote:

> strobe. I am just wondering if there is any scientific basis for this-is
> there receiprocity in the film that causes a color shift at shorter
> strobe durations or does the strobe itself shift in
> color temperature at diffrent durations(or are we just crazy?!).By the
> way,we do use Leica Cameras for our 35mm work.

Eric

Reciprocity may be at work here.  If you can get reciprocity info from
the film manufacture, and flash duration info from the flash manufacture
you may be able to get a clue.

Another thought would be to test it by shooting a color target at
varying distances then printing/examining the results.

Dennis

- --
Experience is a tough teacher. It gives the test before the lesson.
- -unknown