Subject: Auto vs Manual strobe
From: EFingal@webtv.net (Eric Fingal)
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 1997 18:46:06 -0700

           As a photographer working for a small
commercial photo studio I have a technical question for "the group".
            There are times when we shoot many small goups of
people(little leagues etc) with Metz strobes. As we do all our own lab
work
"by hand" ,the person doing the printing and
"calling the color" has commented that the color
seems to vary much less from negative to negative when shot on manual
instead of "auto"
strobe. I am just wondering if there is any scientific basis for this-is
there receiprocity in the film that causes a color shift at shorter
strobe durations or does the strobe itself shift in
color temperature at diffrent durations(or are we just crazy?!).By the
way,we do use Leica Cameras for our 35mm work.