Subject: Re: viewfinder magnification
From: Dennis Painter <dwp@deltanet.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 20:14:58 -0700

Rob,

Thanks, that answers my question.  It seems likely that the M6J finder
is not optically identical to the M3 finder.  That did not matter to me
but I believe I read that the M3 finder was much more complex than the
M2 finder, optically speaking, and likely more expensive to manufacture.

I like the larger magnification but us the 35mm a lot so have to stick
with the M2/M4 body, not that I could afford the M6J anyway.  It would
be nice if Leica would bring out the M6J finder in another model.  I
suppose then there would be the problem of deciding which one to buy.

Dennis

- --
Experience is a tough teacher. It gives the test before the lesson.
- -unknown