Subject: Re: viewfinder magnification
From: doctorc8@stout.entertain.com (Henry Chu)
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 21:42:31 -0600

>I like the larger magnification but us the 35mm a lot so have to stick
>with the M2/M4 body, not that I could afford the M6J anyway.  It would
>be nice if Leica would bring out the M6J finder in another model.  I
>suppose then there would be the problem of deciding which one to buy.

Dennis,

The M6J finder is available from Leica but only if you send in a defective
M3 finder and $500.  I found out about this when I considered putting an M3
finder in the M6.  This can be done but there is not enough room for the
LED meter indicators.  The M6J finder will accomodate the LEDs.

I have been in search of a cheap, abused M3 ever since.  Figuring $200 for
such a beast, $500 for the viewfinder, $2000 for the M6 and $200 for labor,
I can have an M6J equivalent for less than half the price of the real
thing.

Henry