Subject: Re: Enlarger lens question
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 21:56:01 +0100

jose luis gonzalez <jlg@redestb.es> writes
>Joe, go for something around 75 o 8o mm to use with Ilumitrans, you=B4ll
>need the extra distance provided by the longer lens in order to clear
>the contrast control unit.

I can't see (yet) how that applies to this machine. The instructions for=20
this Illumitran 3 specify a 50mm or 60mm lens and the exposure scale on=20
the unit only has scales for 50 and 60mm lenses. The 50mm Steinheil=20
Cassar that came with it (for free, I hasten to add) seems to clear the=20
CCU ok. In what situations is a 50mm lens too short?
- --=20
JB  =20