Subject: Enlarger lens question
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 1997 21:16:06 +0100

I'm going to do some printing again at some point (black and white and
Ilfochrome), and will need a good 50mm enlarger lens to put on my old
Omega enlarger. I now also have a Bowens Illumitran with contrast
control unit with which I want to copy slides. This also will need a
good quality enlarger lens of 50-60mm focal length (and ideally an
aperture of f2.8 for easier focusing and framing). I thought first of a
Rodagon or Componon but I'm just wondering about the Leitz/Leica lens
options. I also wonder whether my Leica slides would be better- more
faithfully- copied by a Leica enlarger lens rather than a Schneider or
Rodenstock lens. Any opinions on Leica enlarger lenses versus the
competition for my intended applications?
- --
JB