Subject: M4 purchase advice needed
From: db <boise@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 13:01:37 -0500

Kim,

>>I'm not wanting a "collector" condition M4, just a user---but a great
condtion user, if that makes sense.<<

>>I would appreciate your advice on whether to keep it, and if so, where to
send it to have the work done completely and at a fair price.<<

If you have the overhaul work done by Leica it will cost more than $100.
It will cost on the order of $250. if no parts are necessary.  A releather
job by Leica will cost about $135.

There are other shops who specialize in Leicae overhaul that are somewhat
less expensive.  You might try posting a message here to ask other who
others use for their overhaul services.  Ben Holmes has a shop (Mike's
Camera in Boulder Colorado) he does business with who sound like they
really know what they are doing, at a reasonable price, and with a farily
quick turnaround time so they may be worth a talk with.   Personally I
think it worth your while to have any used Leica you buy gone over by a
professional.  It is the best way to assure that your camera will be
performing at its optimum level.

Regards, Don