Subject: Re: G2 vs M6
From: Tony Chang <stchang@ivnet.com.tw>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 11:38:53 +0800 (CST)

At 11:19 AM 4/2/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Folks,
>
>Dick Hemingway wrote in response to my post:
>
><I recently had a G1 with 45/2.0 and shot it and my 35/1.4 ASPH side by side
>and found the results consistent with what you posted.  The Contax G lenses
>seem excellent.  I didn't like the either the autofocus or manual (also
>electronic) focus on the G1.  Talk about time lag - it parks in the infinity
>position and moves from there when shooting. >
>
>Agreed! I looked at the G1 when it first came out and also found the focus
>lag waaaay too long. The G2 is much, much faster - I believe Contax claims 3
>times faster response. I found its speed to be in the EOS/Nikon F5 range, ie
>very impressive for autofocus.

I have used EOS1n + 70-200L regularly for sport photography and have tried
G2 + few lenses.  I can't agree that G2 autofocus is in the EOS1n range.
Another problem with G2 is its battery consumption.  My friend only shoot
less than 30 rolls and its batteries were dead.  Then he sold the whole
system after the first month.  By the way, he bought M system afterward.

><I also find it easy to focus close with the M6 - just rock forward until the
>lines merge and shoot.>
>
>I also like the greater - or easier - control the M6 gives one when choosing
>a plane of focus.
>
>Fun.
>
>Will von Dauster

Tony Chang