Subject: Re: Leica M wedding photography
From: Tony Chang <stchang@ivnet.com.tw>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 23:52:53 +0800 (CST)

Robert Capa once said "if your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close
enough".  So my advice to you is that to get close to your target when you
use M equipment.  Your pictures will be different than your friend using Nikon.

Avoid using flash.  I don't think M camera is built to use flash.

Good luck.

Tony

At 06:15 PM 3/30/97 +0800, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>I have been invited by the bride to photograph  her wedding next weekend.
>
>The couple would have done all their studio posed shots and they need
>somebody to photograph their ceremony and reception.  There will be two
>friends covering this event. Photographer #1 is somebody I know and we plan
>to work together.  He will be using the Nikon F90 with a bagful of Nikkors.
>I think it will be nice to complement with my Leica M6.  My leicas are meant
>to be used and I intend to exploit the full potential of Leica cameras and
>optics whenever I can!
>
>Firstly, it this a good idea (i.e. using an M6 to cover a wedding ceremony
>and reception)?
>
>If it is, what are the lenses that I should bring along?   I plan to use
>Kodak EGP 400 film.
>
>Are there any special peculiarities associated with wedding photography with
>a Leica M camera that I should know about?
>
>Your experiences will be most appreciated.  Ta.
>
>Dan Khong

Tony Chang
3B Co-Op Chemical Engineering
University of Waterloo