Subject: Re: G2 vs M6
From: Vondauster@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 11:19:28 -0500 (EST)

Hi Folks,

Dick Hemingway wrote in response to my post:

<I recently had a G1 with 45/2.0 and shot it and my 35/1.4 ASPH side by side
and found the results consistent with what you posted.  The Contax G lenses
seem excellent.  I didn't like the either the autofocus or manual (also
electronic) focus on the G1.  Talk about time lag - it parks in the infinity
position and moves from there when shooting. >

Agreed! I looked at the G1 when it first came out and also found the focus
lag waaaay too long. The G2 is much, much faster - I believe Contax claims 3
times faster response. I found its speed to be in the EOS/Nikon F5 range, ie
very impressive for autofocus.

<I also find it easy to focus close with the M6 - just rock forward until the
lines merge and shoot.>

I also like the greater - or easier - control the M6 gives one when choosing
a plane of focus.

Fun.

Will von Dauster