Subject: Re: Leica bashing on usenet groups
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 19:02:32 -0800

George Huczek wrote:

> I have noticed that the rec.photo.35mm usenet newsgroup is showing a very
> noticeable bias against Leica cameras.
>    One of the most recent threads asks something to the effect of, "What
> does the M stand for in M6?"  You will have to go read some of the nonsense
> people are writing.
SNIP
> Brand name loyalties seems to
> rise to the extreme whenever Leica is mentioned.
> -GH

Sure an' we've noticed loyalties here, too!!

While using PC and Windows for many years, I used to think Macs were
overpriced, overrated computers.  Until I had one for about two weeks.
Now if I had to go back to PCs I think I'd give up computers.

And it is easier to bash Leicas than it is to shell out the bucks to pay
for them.

Maybe we should all switch to Cambrons!

Donal Philby
San Diego