Subject: Re: "Atraumatic" leica straps
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 21:17:41 -0800

D Khong wrote:

> Except for the M6 which comes with protection against the strap rubbing on
> the leica M body, I   wonder  how LUG members prevent their camera straps
> from creating rub marks on their M cameras?
>
> I will appreciate your experiences and feedback.
>
> Dan K.

Dan,
Now why would you ever want to eliminate those beautiful marks of use??
My cameras are all scratched up.  Like me, they have been overworked,
underappreciated, battered, sometimes ignored, often let go beyond
checkup time.  Really, trust me, the scratches help the camera make
better pictures!   Well, okay, the reality is that when you get so
excited with what you are shooting that you don't care what happens to
the camera, the camera starts shooting better pictures.    I'm sure it
must be something metaphysical.

Beautiful, mint Leicas are dead Leicas.

Scratch yours.  Go on.  It'll be good for your pictures.

Donal Philby