Subject: Re: BOOWU-M with M6
From: "John Barnabas" <john@ucs.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 15:11:52 -0700

On March 29, 1997 Marc James Small wrote"

>.....  The UOORE/16508 adapter is used ONLY with the first-generation
> rigid or NF lens, where the lens head can be unscrewed from the lens
> body. If you leave the lens together, or have a later Summicron, you
> don't need the adapter.

Marc:

My experience with the BOOWU-M is that only collapsible Elmars &
Summicrons can be used unadapted via the built-in mini-bayonet
at the end of the lens tube.  Rigid Summicrons can't be de-coupled
from the focusing mount and can only be used after the lens head
is separated and attached via the UOORF mini-bayonet adapter.

Are you saying that the BOOWU-M differs from the BOOWUM in that
the latter can accommodate a late model Summicron 50, focus mount
and all?  I can't imagine this working since resultant displacement
(i.e. retaining the rigid focus mount - even locked) will throw off the
preset focus.

John Barnabas
john@ucs.com