Subject: WARNING: DO NOT use BOOWU-M with M6 before modification!
From: "John Barnabas" <john@ucs.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 13:13:17 -0700

On Saturday March 29, 1997 Marc James Small wrote:

> Older bayonets are built to quite tight tolerances.  I doubt that you
would
> harm anything by using a LITTLE force, but I would be very wary of using
> LOT of force.  Perhaps a small amount of oil or grease would help, but, I
> stress, a SMALL amount.

There is physical interference between the M6 preview lever and
BOOWU-M casting.  Possible solutions are to retrofit a M4 preview
lever or machine the collars so as to provide a small groove for
clearance.  I have had several BOOWU-M sets modified by turning
and can refer you to a competent photo machine shop if you like.

I have not tried it, but believe using a BOOWU with LSM adapter
will give sufficient clearance.  On the other hand, the -M version
is currently selling for somewhat less than just the LSM adapters;
plus the UOORF mini-bayonet adapter will let you use newer
Summicron 50 lenses.  My advice is find a new preview lever or
have the castings turned - cosmetics are retained very nicely.

John Barnabas
john@ucs.com