Subject: Re: R8 CAM LEICA RESPONSE!!!!!
From: Steve <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 21:05:40 -0800

Ted Grant wrote:

> Stephen Gandy wrote:
>
> <<<If the present Leica management doesn't have it together enough to be
> SURE that  its new flagship camera is compatible with ITS OWN lenses,
> what other mistakes are they making?>>>>>>>>
>
> Excuse me Stephen,
>
> Aaawww it's so easy to sh--t on somebody when you don't know the details, so
> lighten up!
> snip

Ted, on  a personal level I feel sorry for the people associated with
the R8 fax,
I really do.   I am only too  well aware that mistakes will and do
happen.

Yet, I have learned that when you have a business environment where
bungling mistakes like this occur, it spells serious trouble for the
business, its products, and its customers.  I think my question was a
valid one.

> And by the way do you own an R8?  If not, you should buy one they are quite an
> incredible camera, in case you hadn't noticed! :)

I haven't seen a R8, but I doubt if I will ever own one for a personal
camera.
In SLRs I use Nikon.

Whether I am shooting with my Nikon F made in the first 30 days of
production in 1959, or a F5, they all take the same lenses.

Stephen Gandy