Subject: Re: R8 CAM LEICA RESPONSE!!!!!
From: Steve <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 15:40:27 -0800

Today Leica rescinded a memo issued Friday, saying that the R8 could
indeed be used with all R8 lenses, and to ignore the previous memo which
said that one cam had to be removed out of the 3 cam lenses.

Picture this:

An international company spends millions to bring out its new super
camera, then panics its customers by issuing a memo saying the super
camera is not compatible with it older lenses, and then issues an
apology saying "opps" so sorry, we were wrong because we didn't really
know what we were talking about..........
we only make the camera after all.

If the present Leica management doesn't have it together enough to be
SURE that  its new flagship camera is compatible with ITS OWN lenses,
what other mistakes are they making?

Perhaps they should have another company test their products to see what
will work together, like Nikon for instance.

If anyone out there believes present Leica management is equal to the
old family owned management, please contact me.   I have some lovely
Pacific Ocean beach property in Nevada for sale.

Stephen Gandy