Subject: Re: Leica Alternatives--Reliability
From: Steve <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 17:40:07 -0800

> Peter Jon White wrote:
>
> <<I wonder if the "Vietnam War Photographer" told of the problems with
> Leicas jamming, and the reliability of the Nikon Rangefinders as part
> of the sales pitch to Mr. Gandy, when Mr. Gandy was "lucky
> enough to buy his wartime outfit"?>>>>>>

Considering that he had a LIFE cover, I think he was a Vietnam War
photog.

Considering that the price of the outfit was so low he was practically
giving it away, I don't think he had any reason to lie.   He was in
combat and could choose any camera he wanted.   The Nikon replaced Leica
M's which had let him down.

Considering that I made a large profit on the outfit when I sold it,
I think I was lucky.

Stephen Gandy