Subject: Price For Leica Cable Release
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 20:38:41 -0500

Dear Fellow LugNuts,

Now that there is a discussion about the merits of Leica cable releases, I
have to disappoint everyone by telling them that my official Leica cable
release was only $20.

Many of you may have suspected that you couldn't buy anything for your
Leica that was less than $995 - but there you have it.  You can also get a
rear lens cap or an M body cap for $19 new and with a box.  No warranty
cards though.

I wonder if the Leica gallery in New York City will ever have a show with
nothing but Leica boxes?  That would be quite a show.  New ones, mint ones,
only used once ones, and ones still sealed and never opened.  I think the
German boxes are better than other camera boxes.  Better resolution on the
printing and thicker cardboard.  Some of the older mechanical Canon F-1
boxes were pretty good.  Much better than the new AF Canon EOS-1n boxes.
Who really cares about the metal cameras and lenses inside.  The real
action is in the boxes...

Richard
Richard Clompus
Pennsylvania, USA