Subject: Leica Cable Release
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 06:03:34 -0500

Dear Fellow LugNuts,

I just got a real Leica cable release from Eric Bohman at Tamarkin in New
York.  I thought I had good cable releases before - but this one is better.
 It is smooth, without backlash and has a locking screw to keep the shutter
open when on B (Bulb).  I'm using it with my new Leica Summi-pin lens.  It
is a 50mm f40 single element pin hole lens.  Great optics for that soft
look of the 1930's.  The cloth that covers the cable is a fine black mesh
that is far better than the plastic covered ones I have used in the past.
It even has Leica engraved on the top of the plunger.

Now I will no longer have to impale my M6 with a generic cable release.
And when I am too old to photograph, my kids will either continue to use it
or sell it for their inheritance.  I still have the box but there weren't
any registration papers or warranty. I guess if they sell it in the future,
it will be mint with box but without registration papers.

Funny how owning Leica cameras can make you think differently about the box
that contains Leica gear.  I always seem to save the boxes too.

Sincerely,

Richard
Richard Clompus, OD
West Chester, Pensylvania, USA