Subject: Re: Firearms -- OFF-TOPC
From: "Don Bledsoe" <dbledsoe@micron.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 20:37:37 -0700

> From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
>
> Alas, but I believe your mathematics are more in need of improvement than
my correspondence!  This is a .30 calibre round in a .318 calibre bore.<

While you may have a .318 inch bore, you still have some grooves of about
..321 to .323 inch to fill with a bullet diameter of only .308 inch.
Granted bullets will upset to fill the bore and grooves to some extent but
I believe this would be pushing it just a bit much.

> In any event, I've had it for some years, and it's accurate enough for my
purposes out to 300 yards or so.  Beyond that, I can outrun the suckers.<

If your purposes are to shoot at large buildings and small mountains out to
300 yards or so, then I suppose it would be accurate enough.

Don