Subject: Re: 90mm f2 for Leica M
From: Chuck Warman <cwarman@wf.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 1997 22:15:54 -0600

At 02:57 PM 3/2/97 -0800, you wrote:
>>I've never even held one in my hand, but how can one f stop be worth
>>all that extra size and weight?
>>
>>My Tele Elmarit is tiny, only slightly larger than the 50 Summicron.
>
>I liked my old style 90/2 Summicron. It was hefty but that helped keep
>the camera steady, the the tripod mount on the lens was very handy.
>
>There are times when the lighter, f/2.8 lens would be an advantage too.

As long as we're comparing 90s, I used my 90/4 Elmar-C on my M3 for years
before I idiotically sold it (the M3).  It gave (and still gives, on my
CLE) the best results of any 35mm lens of any focal length that I have ever
owned. I don't know if it's typical, or if I just got a good one, but I'll
never part with it. Looks kinda funny on a chrome M3, though.

Chuck