Subject: Re: 90mm f2 for Leica M
From: "C.M. Fortunko" <fortunko@boulder.nist.gov>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 1997 20:41:36 -0700

Hal Robinson wrote:
At 07:48 PM 3/2/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I have an older 90/2 and it is one of my favorite lens.  It would be THE
>favorite, if it wasn't for the weight.
>Hal

I am curious, how do you use your 90-mm lens. I use my 90 infrequently.
Sometimes, I need it to cut out telephone wires and other man-made things.
Infrequently, I use it for portraits. Here, an SLR with a 90-degree viewer
would generally better. Unfortunately, I do not own a 90mm lens for my SL2.

I have a book by Eisenstaedt which includes several magnificent photographs
taken with the 90mm lens on an M or LTM camera.

Would you care to comment on your travel kit. I generally also carry a 50mm
lens, which is my main lens. The 35mm lens is especially useful in Europe or
indoors where close distances do not permit the use of a 50mm. Incidentally,
I love the 35mm Summicron. For this reason, I do not understand why there
are so many of these lenses on the second-hand market and why their prices
are so high relative to new lenses.

Best of Light

Chris