Subject: Re: Ektachrome 200 Elite
From: Paul Young <pauly@sdd.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 13:08:33 -0800

> The Tri-X is razor sharp, the E100SW is pretty good, the 200 Elite was
> awful. I'd never seen such a huge difference in film resolution. Also,
> the contrast of the 200 Elite makes it nearly unusable for scenics.
>
> Has anyone else had similar experience to this? And can anyone suggest a
> 200 speed transparency film that will have decent resolution? We'll probably
> stick with the E100SW over faster films, but it's nice to have the option.

I haven't tried Elite. I used to use EPD 200 all the time, and
it gave me nice 16x20s. Also, the saturation was decent and
contrast low (which means, true to the original scene), unlike
that of E100S. Nowadays, I use EPN or E100S for slides, these
being the two extremes of accuracy or impact. Try the EPD.

Paul.