Subject: ISO 200 slide films
From: Vondauster@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 14:28:06 -0500 (EST)

Hi All,

Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

>The Tri-X is razor sharp, the E100SW is pretty good, the 200 Elite was
>awful. I'd never seen such a huge difference in film resolution. Also,
>the contrast of the 200 Elite makes it nearly unusable for scenics.
>Has anyone else had similar experience to this?

Indeed. I tried using a roll of Elite 200 for some technical photography
about a year ago. The results were so grainy as to be useless for that
particular application, and I had to redo the entire session.

>And can anyone suggest a
>200 speed transparency film that will have decent resolution?

After that experience, I have stuck with the 100 speed Elite II since then.
Perhaps Kodachrome 200 would produce better results? For high speed
work I stick with either C-41 (Pro 400 is very good) or black and white
(Delta 100, 400, and HP 5+).

Will von Dauster

http://www.fsl.noaa.gov/~vondaust/www.will.html