Subject: Which M camera?
From: Tony Chang <stchang@ivnet.com.tw>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 15:42:54 +0800 (CST)

Hello LUG users,

I would like to hear some suggestions regarding to which M camera for
myself?  I am a serious amature in photography.  I have used R4s before and
currently own Hassy and Caonon equipment.

I like M system because it is small and it is perfect for street photography.

Some experienced Leica users suggested me to find used M lenses (in good
condition) and they said the old Leica lenses were better built than those
new ones.  And Canada made lenses are even better than Germany made lenses.
I need your opinion.

Right now, I am using Hexar and Hassy 503cxi (CW winder, 180mmCF lens) for
street and documentary photography.  I hope after many years my photos are
worth something.  I feel the world is constantly changing and wish I knew
photography 10 years ago.

Hexar is a great camera but I think M is still better built for street
photography.  I want to buy a 21mm M lens and a 35mm M lens after I have
decide which camera for myself.

Regards,
Tony Chang
3B Co-Op Chemical Engineering