Subject: Re: Which M camera?
From: Tony Chang <stchang@ivnet.com.tw>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 02:40:17 +0800 (CST)

At 08:26 AM 2/27/97 PST, you wrote:
>     Hi Tony,
>
>       Personally my choice is the M3.  I currently own M2, M3, M4, M4-P
>     and M6 and have had M5 and M4-2.  I regularly use the M3 with 90 or
>     135 because of its viewfinder.

Because M3 viewfinder is bigger than other M cameras?  Sorry, I am only a
beginner in M equipment.

If I don't use mid telephone lens (75mm and 90mm), do you still think M3 is
a better camera for me?

My friend said M4 is just like a M6 without a light meter.  Is it true?  I
don't mind to carry an external light meter since I need it for my Hassy
anyway.

I remember someone mentioned that M5 is the best M camera Leica has ever
built.  What is so special about M5 and why it is discontinued?

>       Last weekend downtown in San Francisco around 7 o'clock in the
>     evening, I was shooting Chinese New Year Parade with M4-P and 135
>     Tele-Elmar.  I was the only photographer without a flash.  They had
>     several big lighting systems and I had no problem at all shooting
>     without a flash.  I used f4 and 1/30 second.  That is one of the
>     strongest point of using Leica.  Here comes one problem.  With 135
>     lens, it was a little difficult to frame because it was a little too
>     small.  I wished I had brought the M3, was testing the M4-P.
>       Yes, the M3 does not have a frame for 35 but still can be used with
>     its outer frame as 35 because it is pretty much the same as 35 frame.
>     Arguably in my book, the M3 is the best M body ever built.

One thing I like about M camera is that I can see the movement outside the
viewfinder.  Even if I can use the outside frame as 35, does that mean I
can't see the movement while I wait for the target to enter my frame?  This
might be a disadvantage for me to use M3.

Does M3 has a frame for 28mm and what else?