Subject: Re: Making pictures with the M Leica
From: ireland@blazenet.net (Robert Brummett)
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 12:34:29 -0500

>At 11:00 AM 2/24/97 +0545, you wrote:
>
>>Greetings,
>>
>>        I like the idea of tricks/methods of using the M Leica.  I always
>>set my lens to infinity after taking a shot as then I know that I only have
>>to turn the lens in one direction in order to focus.
===snip===

Carrying the camera with the lens at infinity is a good idea, made easier
by the lock-button on my 50mm Summicron. It insures that the lens will only
turn in ONE direction. After a while you can get pretty good at estimating
the amount of turn to focus on a closer object. But I usually have my 35mm
Summicron on my M4 and instead of leaving it at infinity, I set it for the
hyperfocal distance for whatever my key situational exposure setting is.
Focusing is always better than just grab-shooting, but sometimes that
fast-draw grab will get a picture where taking time for precise focusing
might lose it.

- -Robert